Dermal fillers are one of the most popular treatments for achieving a youthful, natural appearance.
Dermal Fillers plays a significant role in aesthetics. Initially as an aesthetic practitioner I was purely going to focus on Botox treatments, but soon realized that as the skin matures it gains outstanding results with the combination of Botulinum toxin and dermal filler treatments.
Dermal Fillers Essex
I feel confident that the products available now are remarkable at producing a smooth natural appearance which is paramount at Hydro-Aesthetics in providing a refreshed appearance that will keep everyone guessing.
What you need to know
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are clear hyaluronic acid gels which closely mimic the natural hyaluronic acid in our skin. This is a natural, non-animal based, stabilized clear gel which hydrates, softens and volumises the skin.
What is the difference between a dermal filler and Botulinum toxin?
How do dermal fillers work?
What are dermal fillers used for?
The best results are for the lines from
- The nose to the mouth area (naso-labial folds)
- The lines from the corners of the mouth to the chin (marionette lines)
- Cheek enhancement
- For lips which can be defined or enhanced, subtly and naturally
- Also, skin booster fillers can be used to increase hydration to the skin, particularly the face, neck, hands and décolletage.
How soon will I notice results?
How long do dermal fillers last?
All the dermal fillers used at Hydro-Aesthetics are made from hyaluronic acid, a natural component of our body and skin, which breaks down after around 9-18months.
What happens during the dermal filler treatment?
A FREE consultation will take place to assess your suitability for dermal fillers, at this time you will be able to discuss your expectations before undertaking the cosmetic treatment and answer any questions you may have. A medical history will be taken and both the benefits and possible side effects of the treatment will be discussed. You will be asked to sign a consent form, photographs may also be taken so you have a record of your before and after images to show how successful your dermal filler treatment has been. The photographs will not be used for promotional material.
Will the injections hurt?
When would I not be suitable for Dermal fillers?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- A history of any bleeding disorders or taking drugs that affect bleeding time (Aspirin, Warfarin, Clopidogrel)
- Undertaken skin peels within the last 6 weeks
- Active facial herpes or other skin conditions
- Taken Roaccutane in the last 12 months
- Undergoing dental treatment
- A history of anaphylaxis
- A history of auto-immune conditions
- Undertaken dermal filler treatments within the last 6 months.
Always take note of the filler that is used during your treatment and the date the procedure took place as different dermal filler products cannot be mixed if the dermal filler is still palpable in the skin.
What are the potential dermal filler side effects?
- Slight bleeding/bruising/redness or swelling at the site of injection
- Tenderness (particularly following lip augmentation)
- Allergic – type reactions (rarely) including prolonged redness, swelling, itching.
- Lumps/bumps are also rare due to the applied massage technique at the time. Lumps tend to disperse after 24 hours.
Aftercare instructions following dermal filler injections
- Avoid touching the area within 6 hours following the treatment
- Do not wash the treated area for 6 hours, after that the area can be gently washed with water and cleansed
- Do not apply make-up for up to 6 hours after treatment
- Refrain from exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid facials/saunas/hot-tubs/sunbeds until the initial swelling and redness has resolved. Also avoid the extreme cold.
- If you are administering aspirin or Nurofen or similar medication be aware that they may increase bruising at the site.
- Take paracetamol if required for pain relief
- Any tiny bumps or marks will disperse within a few hours following treatment.
- For 24 hours following lip treatment avoid kissing, using straws, smoking or any activity that causes you to purse your lips.
Dermal Filler used at Hydro-Aesthetics
Belotero is unique in that it is designed to integrate and blend better into your own skin and tissues leading to an exquisite and natural result, all this with pain killing lidocaine anesthetic built in.
It is finer than traditional HA fillers but still maintains exceptional lift and longevity which makes it the perfect product to use for extremely fine lines around the mouth or gentle rejuvenation.
The latest Vycross range of Juvederm made by Allergan the makers of BOTOX are specially designed to be smooth, natural looking and very long lasting with much less swelling than other dermal fillers on the market.
“The best project you’ll ever work on is you.”